Successful candidates for the VCU Leadership Development Program will:
- Exhibit the skills, potential and desire to take a significant role in leading the university
- Express the desire to further develop their skills and abilities
- Be employed at an organizational level of leadership, hold significant responsibilities in the university or show special promise for leadership roles
- Commit to participate fully in all scheduled class sessions, mentoring opportunities and special project teamwork
- Represent a diversity of gender, race and ethnicity
- Have the support and commitment of their supervisors to participate fully in the program
Interested candidates should complete the online application for submission. Complete application packets are due Nov. 1st. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
All required documents must be received by the deadline. Please ensure that your application packet contains the following:
Completed online application
Current position description
Bio sketch of no more than 100 words (If selected to participate in the program, this brief bio will be shared with the other participants and mentors.)
One nomination from a dean or vice president and two recommendations from supervisor(s)/colleague(s); nomination/recommendation form can be found online via google form
The tuition of $3,425 covers all program costs, including materials, intensive leadership assessment, coaching, an overnight retreat and meals on program days. Typically, the tuition is paid by the nominator at the beginning of the program via interdepartmental transfer.
Individuals selected for participation in the 2020 class of the VCU Leadership Development Program will be notified of acceptance by Dec. 2.
Participants who complete the VCU Leadership Development Program will receive a certificate of completion from The Grace E. Harris Leadership Institute.